April 10, 2019

a wild, breathtaking and fun ride

Leviathan Wakes (Expanse #1)Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This, the first installment in the "Expanse" series, is described as a space opera, a term which i've heard but had never looked up ( per Wiki). After reading Leviathan Wakes, i concur that this engaging and fast paced tale has most if not all the characteristics of the definition. I teetered toward giving this one 5 stars because frankly, i had a hard time putting it down. Unexpected action and peril waited at nearly every turn, and i wanted to know what was next and how it would "end". I was thoroughly engaged for the entire story. I appreciated the character development, the reasonably believable and consistent technology and setting within our solar system. It had a feeling which i appreciate in SciFi, that is it felt like it could happen someday. I enjoyed this book very much, and look forward to continuing the series, as well as watch the TV series on Amazon, which has been recommended to me by several people i know. This was a wild, breathtaking and fun ride.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment