December 18, 2015

Bruce - in HIS OWN WORDS!

Talk About a Dream: The Essential Interviews of Bruce SpringsteenTalk About a Dream: The Essential Interviews of Bruce Springsteen by Christopher Phillips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This collection of interviews is an outstanding, exceptional overview of Bruce's thoughts and feelings over the course of his career to date. It spans over 40 years, from 1973 to 2013. Much insight into Bruce's life experience and the feelings and motivation that went into both his song writing and his performance over the years are contained in this wonderful collection of interviews - and it is all in HIS OWN WORDS! This is an undeniable MUST-READ for any Springsteen fan. I found myself captivated through the entire book, reading the stories and circumstances behind many dozens (hundreds) of songs that have literally been the soundtrack of my life for nearly 40 years. This is an excellent collection. Fantastic. I loved it. I met the author at The Regulator Bookshop a few years ago when this collection was published.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment