December 28, 2020

a nice bonus chapter to this classic film

The Making of The African Queen Or How I went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall and Huston and almost lost my mindThe Making of The African Queen Or How I went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall and Huston and almost lost my mind by Katharine Hepburn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"The Making of The African Queen" is a really nice and personal recollection by Katherine Hepburn of her experience of making the film. Having just read the novel on which the film is based, i really appreciated some of the behind the scenes insights and tales. Also, it was nice to see some of the personal impressions of Huston and Bogart, and Lauren Bacall. This book is a nice bonus chapter to this classic film, for which Bogart won his Oscar.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment