August 23, 2015

a truly great man's faith

Living FaithLiving Faith by Jimmy Carter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have had this book on my shelf for quite a while, but had never gotten around to opening it up. Sadly, Jimmy Carter in the news recently reminded me of it. In this book, President Carter gives a great overview of his Christian faith and how it has informed and affected him over the course of his many careers. Although his beliefs are a bit traditional and dated for me, i came away from this book with a great respect and reverence for how he translated his faith into action and good, instead of dogma and judgement. Despite mixed reviews of the Carter presidency, I'd be proud to have another person like him in the White House. His character and ethics are what once made this nation great, and are probably the best hope of saving it today. My heart goes out to Jimmy Carter for who he is and how he lives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment