August 28, 2016

Dr. Ehrman blog

my response to Dr. Ehrman regarding his excellent blog (all subscription fees to go charity!)








http://ehrmanblog.org/how-were-doing-on-the-blog/

Dr. Ehrman,

I love reading your blog, and enjoy the varied subject content (of course within the given scope ?? ). I have enjoyed and been enriched by your books, and i have great respect for your research and the honesty with which you pursue it. I appreciate your starting point because i was raised in the same fundamentalist culture as a kid in the 60s and 70s. Thank goodness, education (genuine, not brainwashing) gave way to academic and intellectual enlightenment and a credible view of life and history. Intellectual honesty and humility is so rare in our polarized political and religious culture, and your research and writing bring hope amidst the noisy argument that our society has become. Thank you. And of course i love that the blog supports charity in my home of Durham, and even though i don’t have time to read every post, i’ll continue to subscribe as long as it is available. And last but not least, thanks to my daughter who subscribed me to the blog for the first year !!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment