July 8, 2017

explaining the science of Star Trek

The Physics of Star TrekThe Physics of Star Trek by Lawrence M. Krauss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved reading this book. It is perfect for a Trekkie who loves and appreciates science! Dr. Krauss (who we were fortunate to hear speak earlier this year) is an excellent writer and communicator of complex science to the casual "armchair" scientist. He covers many of the basic foundational technologies portrayed in the universe of Star Trek, and explains them and their implications in terms of proven laws and practices of physics and the the scientific method. A great read for even the casual Trekkie who loves science. I highly recommend this book! I am looking forward to reading Dr. Krauss's newest book "The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far: Why Are We Here?" which my daughter got signed by him when we heard him speak. He is a great communicator and teacher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment