March 18, 2019

political and magical intrigue in the D-town!

The Fever King (Feverwake, #1)The Fever King by Victoria Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What did they say in Victor, Victoria? BRAVA! Well done! The Fever King is an engaging tale of political and magical intrigue set in our very own hometown of Durham, about a century hence. Starting from my initial elation at finding out that one of the main characters in the story lived in the very bookshop in which i purchased my copy (The Regulator Bookshop on Ninth St!), this book builds and builds to a somewhat unexpected but thoroughly exciting conclusion! It is not really a conclusion, but rather a segue into the next installment of this exciting tale. Not only did the plot and action build as the story progressed, but i also enjoyed seeing Noam grow from a moody impulsive young person into the beginnings of a maturity that will serve him well as this series unfolds (how long until Book 2, Victoria?). I really enjoyed this tale and am looking forward to its journey continuing! Hope to see you and get you to sign my copy at The Regulator in Durham!!! :) :) :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment