January 17, 2014

Cathedrals of Kudzu - a delight!

Cathedrals of Kudzu: A Personal Landscape of the SouthCathedrals of Kudzu: A Personal Landscape of the South by Hal Crowther
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is an absolute delight. I had forgotten how much i love to read Hal Crowther. I was sorting papers and cleaning up in my home office and ran across this book that i had picked up at the Friends of the Durham Library book sale a few years back. I just happened to be between books so I placed it on my night stand and started reading it that evening. What a treat! The essays contained in this book, now about 15 years old, are wonderful to read. And, being a Californian and Midwesterner transplanted to North Carolina 28 years ago, I appreciated the selections that gave me a deeper insight into the South, and into North Carolina. Loved, loved this book. I'm resolved to get my hands on the other books Mr. Crowther has published, and also, to be more deliberate in reading Mr. Crowther's articles in our beloved hometown paper, The Indy Week. Thank you Mr. Crowther.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment