January 30, 2014

The Hunger Games trilogy

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another well written volume of The Hunger Games trilogy. As compelling as these books were to read, I want to say that i don't like the overall story, nor how it ends. But it's not my story to tell. And i believe that it leaves the thoughtful reader with much about which to think; many lessons to ponder. In the end, i might have to concede that a story like this can't end any other way. The history and arc of the events lead in a very specific direction, and although details may vary, the overall end is the same. I hope never to be a part of a story such as this, and if i'm already a part, i hope it is not too late to change its course.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment