June 4, 2015

living with autism and working with animals

Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal BehaviorAnimals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior by Temple Grandin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book i've read by Dr. Temple Grandin. I enjoy her insights and wisdom, coming from the perspective of living with autism and from working with animals all her life. But i especially love her compassion and humanity towards all animals. We can learn so much by allowing her to share her view of the world with us. This is not a scientific text, nor is it non-scientific. The author mixes academic research and knowledge with many personal anecdotes which help illustrate her views and message. I enjoyed this book very much, and learned a lot about animals and about myself. I'm looking forward to reading more books by Dr. Grandin.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment