August 23, 2014

The Giver - part 2

The Giver (The Giver, #1)The Giver by Lois Lowry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As i mentioned in my last note,  I had just re-read "The Giver" because a movie is being released based upon the book. I just came across the trailer for the movie in another blog that i follow. In watching the trailer, I had a really weird, unexpected experience - I recognized almost NOTHING from the book in the trailer! I guess this should not come as a surprise, given the disconnect between so many movies and the books on which they are based. But still, perhaps because i had JUST read the book, the differences felt significant. I'll have to see the movie now to give it a fair shot, but my expectations have been tempered by the trailer.

The trailer:



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment